We're looking for a strong technical leader ready to go all the way when it comes to building exciting new features and compelling experiences that will redefine online media. Unlike our other Core Engineer positions, this one focuses specifically on Engadget and AOL Tech properties.
You have a vision, but you know how to execute and get things done. When you zero in, you're more effective in one or two good hours than a lesser developer's all-nighter, which is why you grok working smarter > working harder. But you still do both.
- Feel right at home building core features in OO code. (PHP5 and Node.js is a plus.)
- Write code so clean, fast, and elegant, you fight the urge to hang it on your mantle.
- Are disciplined and efficient in your approach to architecture and stability.
- Have solid MySQL and relational DB skills. (NoSQL is a plus.)
- Know your JS, jQuery, and JSON, as well as stack technologies like memcached and Redis.
- Love finding solutions to complex problems and putting them to work in a way that scales.
- Are passionate about constantly learning new things and evolving.
- Have absolutely no love of IE 6.
You should be able to utilize every tool and resource at your disposal to bring unique, groundbreaking experiences to life that will be used by millions of people.
It's not easy — but nothing worth doing is, right?
This position is full-time SF / Bay Area-based.
Our team offers competitive compensation and great benefits.
Relocation options available.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, political persuasion, or trade union membership.Apply Now